Monday, February 27

Farewell for now to the Grad Program

It's very rare that I blog about non-grad work assignments, so this will be brief.

My husband left about 2.5 weeks ago to begin carving a new life for our family in the hills of SW PA.  As I am a full-time teacher, I cannot move until the end of the school year.  My stepson is in kindergarten and we decided that he should also finish the school year before making the move.  In the grand scheme of things, I now have a very healthy respect for working, single parents.  Things have been more than a little hectic during the last two weeks of the course.  My stress levels went through the roof and BoyWonder has had a difficult time, too.  I cannot feel good about taking so much time away from him while pursuing the Master's program.  It's just not fair to him (or my sanity).

So for the short term, I've postponed my last three courses in the MSIDT program until at least the Summer terms, when I have more time and we have fully adjusted to not having Hubby/Daddy around.  For those of you continuing with the Project Management course, I wish you the best and look forward to seeing your posts!  I can now say that I love my RSS feed and check it daily.  :)  Hopefully, I will be able to converse with some of you in future courses!

Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment